Preferred options consultation under way
Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council and Stoke-on-Trent City Council are consulting on the Preferred Options Consultation document which will inform the preparation of the new Joint Local Plan.
The Joint Local Plan will help to guide the long-term future growth of the area over the plan period 2013 to 2033, including how much development there should be, where it should go and how land should be used. The new plan will eventually replace the existing Joint Core Spatial Strategy (2009) and any existing saved policies from previous plans.
We are in the early stages of preparing the plan and need your views to make sure it reflects the needs and aspirations of local people and business.
The consultation document sets out the revised vision, aims and objectives for the plan area following the strategic options consultation in July/August 2017 and the preferred options for employment and housing growth; our approach to city town and other centres as well as preferred strategic sites.
The consultation outlines all the preferred housing and employment sites for meeting the required growth and introduces a policy framework and strategic approach for the draft joint local plan.
In accordance with Part 6, Section 18 (1) of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 this consultation also provides an opportunity for comments to be made on the scope of the Joint Local Plan, the evidence prepared so far and whether there are any other issues which the Joint Local Plan should take into account.
The consultation period will run from Thursday 1 February to Thursday 1 March. The preferred options consultation document and other key information will be available for you to view on either councils website:
Joint local plan on Stoke-on-Trent City Council website
Joint local plan on Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council website
A copy of the preferred options consultation document will be available to view in hard copy at the following locations:
• Guildhall Customer Service Centre, High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 1PW
• The Madeley Centre, New Road, Madeley, CW3 9DW
• Kidsgrove Customer Service Centre, Town Hall, Kidsgrove, ST7 4EL
• Libraries within Newcastle-under-Lyme.
• Civic Centre, Glebe Street, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 1HH
• 1 Smithfield, Hanley, ST1 4FA
• Longton Customer Service Centre, 1 Commerce Street, Longton, ST3 1NW
• Tunstall Customer Service Centre, 142 High Street, Tunstall, ST6 5TP
• Libraries within Stoke-on-Trent.
How to give us feedback
Click here to complete the online feedback form or fill in a form at the above locations. Responses must be received by 5pm on Thursday 1 March.
All comments will be carefully considered by the councils and used to inform the preparation of the next consultation, which will be the draft joint local plan.
Comments made and the councils’ response will be published as part of the next consultation stage in Autumn 2018.
• Monday 5 February, 3pm to 7pm: Jubilee 2, 80 Brunswick Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 1TA
• Tuesday 6 February, 3pm to 7pm: The Madeley Centre, New Road, Madeley, CW3 9DN
• Wednesday 7 February, 3.30pm to 7pm: Chesterton Community Centre, 183 London Road, Chesterton
• Thursday 8 February, 3pm to 7pm: Clayton Community Centre, Northwood Lane, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 4BT
• Friday 9 February, 3pm to 6.30pm: Kidsgrove Town Hall, Liverpool Road, Kidsgrove, ST7 4EL
• Monday 12 February, 3pm to 6.30pm: Keele Village Hall, 4 Highway Lane, Keele, ST5 5AN
• Tuesday 13 February, 3pm to 7pm: Audley Methodist Church, New Road, Bignall End, ST7 8QF
• Wednesday 14 February, 3pm to 7pm: Loggerheads Library, 7 Eccleshall Road, Loggerheads, TF9 4NX
• Friday 16 February, 3pm to 7pm: Betley Village Hall, Main Road, Betley, CW3 9BH
• Thursday 22 February, 3pm to 7pm: Whitmore Village Hall, Coneygreave Lane, Whitmore, ST5 5HX
• Thursday 8 February, 12pm to 3pm: Swan Bank Church, Swan Square, Stoke on Trent, Staffs, ST6 2AA
• Friday 9 February, 10am to 1pm: Fenton Town Hall, Baker Street, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 3BX
• Saturday 10 February, 9am to 3pm: Tunstall Market Tunstall Indoor Market, Butterfield Place, Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 5TP
• Monday 12 February, 1.30pm to 4.30pm: Milton Parish Centre, 190 Baddeley Green Lane, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent, ST2 7EY
• Tuesday 13 February, 10am to 12pm: St Stephens Community Church, 161A Dawlish Drive, Bentilee, Stoke-on-Trent, ST2 0ET
• Friday 16 February, 9am to 3pm: Longton Market, The Strand, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, ST3 1BZ
• Monday 19 February, 10am to 4pm: Meir Primary Care Centre, Weston Road , Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST3 6AB
• Tuesday 20 February, 10am to 4pm: Blurton Local Centre, 111 Finstock Ave, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 3JU
• Wednesday 21 February, 10am to 4pm: Stoke Library and Local Centre, South Wolfe Street, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 4SZ
• Tuesday 27 February, 10am to 4pm: No. 1 Smithfield, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, ST1 4FA