Accessibility statement for silverdaleparish.org
This website is run by Silverdale Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- resize the website in any device or browser and still see all content
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Our site’s accessibility
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email email@example.com
- call 07901 692414
We’ll respond to your query as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Parish Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Silverdale Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Content not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
In validating our site we’ve tried to make all areas of the site and all site content fully accessible. If you as a user find that any of our older PDFs and Word documents are not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader – please contact us and we will rectify the issue as soon as we are able to.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on Monday 16th December 2019. The test was carried out by Tom Addis of Redoko Design Agency.
- our main website platform, available at www.silverdaleparish.org.
- all areas of the site, including navigation, content, images and reports
This statement was prepared on Monday 16th December 2019. It was last updated on Monday 16th December 2019.